We had chicken thighs and I didn’t feel like going to the store, nor did I feel like just baking them in the oven. I did a little searching online for recipes, then my daughter turned off the power strip to my computer. So I took her outside and continued my search on my phone. I found a recipe for teriyaki chicken and modified it a bit to fit the ingredients I had at home. The result was a resounding success!
Here’s how you do it:
6 chicken thighs (I used boneless, skinless)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp corn starch
1 1/2 tsp cold water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Combine sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and black pepper in a small sauce pan over low heat.
3. Combine water and cornstarch, then add to other ingredients.
4. Cook until bubbly and thick. Remove from hear.
5. Put thighs in a 9×13 pan. Mop sauce over each thigh, turn over and mop again.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, mopping chicken every 10 minutes. Turn chicken over half way through.