Today’s weather continued to be beautiful, football was on and we had pumpkin lattes. My husband casually mentioned wanting some pumpkin bread and my mind immediately went to this recipe, which is one of my favorite recipes of all time. I was missing a few ingredients, but I didn’t mind making a quick trip to the store. It was so worth it!
Here’s how you do it:
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth.
3. Add water and beat until well blended.
4. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon and clove.
5. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.
6. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
7. Bake about 1 hour.