Sometimes we run out of time to get a decent meal on the table. And then every so often, like once in a lifetime, my husband gets the shingles and can’t touch the food to help cook or the toddler for fear of spreading the chicken pox plague. But that’s another story.
When those sorts of things happen and I have to throw together something fast, healthy and easy I pull out the frozen tilapia. We buy it in family packs and they’re individually wrapped so we can cook however many we want.
Here’s how you do it:
4-6 tilapia filets
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter melted
about a tbsp of garlic powder
about a tbsp of parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Defrost the fish (we put the them in their wrappers in warm water).
2. Preheat the oven to broil.
3. Put the olive oil in the bottom of a casserole dish and put the fish filets on top.
4. Pour the melted butter over the fish evenly.
5. Dust the fish with the garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
6. Broil for 10 minutes. Done!